I know I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. It's amazing that when you decide to do something and open it up to God to lead the way how God will just take the reigns and runs with it. The opportunities were endless today! Every corner I turned was some opportunity for me to take this kindness challenge by the horns and just run with it! In each moment of this day, God provided chances for me to love just a little bit more.
Didn't that sound peachy? Of course, I am a mere mortal and am by no means a Mother Theresa. I did love that kindness was my focus - not how much I had to get done, or how stressed I was about work and personal matters. "Just be kind." I reminded myself. "Choose kindness," I thought. And you know what? Everything got finished. I checked off all the tasks on my to-do lists and my worries were still there patiently waiting for me at the end of the day. The kicker - I felt better because stress was not my focus, but being a bit kinder and more gentle to those around me!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment