Monday, August 24, 2009

You never know

So, I just saw the movie Julie and Julia with Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. It was lovely! I so enjoyed it! It really got me thinking about this wohle world of blogging and what that's all about - about reaching people in cyberspace and connecting over some common idea or goal. In the movie, Julie blogs as she works her way through 365 days of cooking from Julia Child's famous cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

As much as I'd love to think that I would cook fabulous food for my darling husband over the next 365 days, odds for that are not good. I started wondering, "What could I truly commit to for the next 365 days? What would be important? What could connect me to people everywhere?"

Pulling out of the busy movie parking lot in the middle of our town, the Universe spoke the answer back to me, "Kindness". Kindness connects people. Kindness sustains us when we are strong enough to give it and when we are humble enough to receive it.

So, here's my plan. I will commit to performing at least one kind act for the next 365 days. Will you join me? I will do something that I truly did not have to do for any reason other than being simply kind to another human. I wonder where this little adventure will take me. I wonder who will be impacted. I wonder how I will be impacted. I wonder how I will see the world differently and how the world may see me differntly when I am finished.

I will give it a shot. Even if no one ever reads this. Even if no one ever joins in the fun. I can do no harm by being unselfishly kind. I can only make this world slightly better than it was the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment